Description of Beep
Beep specializes in delivering the next generation of passenger mobility services for cities, towns, campuses, business districts, retail centers and private communities. Beep’s electric, autonomous Mobility-as-a-Service offerings provides an alternative to personal transportation in the public and private communities we serve. The electric, autonomous, multi-passenger shuttles provide a reliable and safe mode of mobility for controlled speed environments while delivering the ultimate rider experience.
2. Website Privacy Statement
This statement describes how we collect, use, and disclose information that we obtain about visitors to our website, www.ridebeep.com. Our privacy practices set forth here reflect Beep’s activity as a data controller.
Information We Collect
Personal Information refers to any information that may be used to identify an individual, including a first and last name, telephone number, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, as well as other information that is linked to such information.
Information we collect directly from you:
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
Information we collect automatically:
Purpose of collecting personal information:
Beep collects such non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate our services;
- To provide our users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
- To be able to contact our visitors and users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
Retention of your data:
Beep will retain your Personal Information as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, for as long as your account is active, and in accordance with Beep’s retention policies and applicable law.
Beep may transfer your Personal Information to our Business Partners, if required for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. This may involve the transfer of your Personal Information to countries outside your home country or region, including outside the European Economic Area if that is your region, which may have a different level of data protection from your home country. Such countries may include, without limitation, the United States and other countries in which Beep or Business Partners maintain facilities. In order to provide adequate protection for the transfer of your Personal Information, we have in place contractual arrangements (such as the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses as appropriate) with our parent company and Business Partners in respect of such transfers. We will take all reasonable technical and organizational measures to safeguard Personal Information we transfer.
Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where Beep, its subsidiaries, affiliates, operations or agents are located; by submitting your information though our website, you agree to such transfers.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a piece of text that is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Depending on the settings you have selected, your browser adds the text to your device as a small file. Many browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies as you prefer. The Help portion of your web browser, most likely found on the toolbar, typically tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
As is true of most web sites, we may gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may link this automatically-collected data to Personal Information in order to personalize our communications with you.
Targeted Email Marketing by Beep
Some marketing you receive, including email marketing, may also be personalized based on your visits to our Website and your browsing and purchase history. In addition, when you click on some links in email marketing you receive, our email service provider may place a cookie on your browser. This cookie would be linked to your email address and used to gather information about the products and services you view on our Website. Information gathered may be used to personalize and customize future email marketing messages you receive. You may opt out of this use by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in every personalized email marketing message you receive sent from or on behalf of Beep.
Your Choices About Marketing and Accessing Your Personal Information
Please allow up to 10 business days for your email opt-out request and any updates or your Personal Information to take effect. If you opt-out of receiving emails or receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you in connection with transactions you request and/or servicing your account.
Any marketing by Beep, or any third parties on behalf of Beep, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and include (where applicable) methods to allow you to express your preferences (including being removed from our advertising and marketing lists as set out above).
Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
Beep does not knowingly collect personal information from children through our websites. If you are a child as understood by the bylaws of your country, please do not submit any Personal Information through our websites without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
Links to External Websites
Our website may contain links to websites operated by other companies. Beep is not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties. Beep encourages users to be aware when they leave our Website, and to read the privacy statements of each website they visit. This Privacy Statement applies only to Beep.
3. Ride Beep Privacy Statement
When an individual user uses the Ride Beep mobile applications for Beep’s autonomous vehicles in the United States, Beep may obtain certain personal data. This statement describes how we collect, use, and disclose information that we collect from a user using the Ride Beep mobile application, as well as your choices regarding this data.
Data Beep Collects through Ride Beep
Beep may collect the following data from the use of the Ride Beep and transportation on a Beep autonomous vehicle:
1. Data provided by users of Ride Beep. This may include:
- User profile, consisting of name, email, phone number, login name password and profile picture, that a user creates when creating or updating Ride Beep accounts.
- User content, consisting of information users provide when contacting Beep’s customer support.
2. Data obtained from use of Beep’s autonomous vehicles. This may include:
– Location data, consisting of location data from a user’s mobile device if the user has enabled their mobile device to provide such location data.
– Usage data, consisting of data collected from a user’s interaction with the Ride Beep app, such as access dates and times, app features used, and application crashes.
– System data, consisting of data about how users interact with Beep’s autonomous vehicles, such as date and time of usage, route taken, and distance traveled.
– Device data consisting of data about the devices used to access Ride Beep app and Beep’s Services, including hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions.
Uses of Data Collected through Ride Beep
Beep may use the data collected from use of the Ride Beep App for the following purposes:
1. Providing services and features, such as providing, personalizing, maintaining and improving Beep’s products and services. This may include:
– Creating and updating user accounts.
– Performing internal operations necessary to provide Beep’s services, including the troubleshooting of software bugs and operational problems and monitoring and analyzing usage and activity trends.
2. Providing Customer support. This may include:
– Directing questions to the appropriate customer support personnel.
– Investigating and addressing user concerns.
– Monitoring and improving customer support responses and processes.
3. Performing marketing activities, such as sending users communications about Beep services, features, promotions, news, and updates.
4. Performing non-marketing communications, such as informing users of changes to Beep’s services, terms, policies or other communications.
Sharing of User Personal Information
Beep may share personal information within Beep, Beep’s customers and third-party service providers, in accordance with law. A third-party provided access to a user’s personal information is not permitted to share or use personal information for any purpose other than to provide services to Beep. The following categories of recipients may be provided access to a user’s personal information:
– the person providing a user support with the Ride Beep App or the use of the Beep autonomous vehicle services.
– customer or business partners with whom Beep delivers autonomous vehicle services.
– third parties that assist Beep in delivering autonomous vehicle services.
– third parties to whom Beep is legally required or permitted to disclose a user’s personal information, such as government agencies, law enforcement, courts and other public authorities.
– third parties where reasonably required to protect Beep’s rights, users, systems and autonomous vehicle services, such as legal counsel and information security professionals.
– any person or forum a user has authorized Beep to share information with, such as information a user uploads into a public forum.
Data Retention and Deletion
Beep will retain profile and other user data for so long as a user maintains their Beep account. Users may request deletion of their account at any time via a request using the Feedback or Help feature within the Ride Beep application, or by sending email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How “Do Not Track” Requests are Handled
Ride Beep does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations (the “CCPA”) supplements this Privacy Statement and applies solely to California users.
4. Contact Us
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please email us or write to us at the following address:
6900 Tavistock Lakes Blvd
Orlando, Florida 32827
Last Updated: May 14, 2021